This Web Page is created to support my job applications in the field of development co-operation and humanitarian aid. I am a water sanitation/civil engineer with over 16 years of professional experience in Germany and abroad.
In my work activity, I see great importance to teamwork, ecological/economic sound approaches and professional ethics. Referring to my past years of work in the development co-operation and humanitarian aid, you can see I worked mainly under more or less difficult conditions and in most assignments I worked direct with the community. I was able to adapt to different cultural and religious costums. I found the work in this field most rewarding, as I was able to make a difference for the people.
My life and work experience in different cultures and social-economic systems taught me to look for practical solutions within the local framework, in a participatory way with local colleagues and the different stake-holders, and to blend traditional local knowledge with innovative external methods.
Here are the reasons why my experience and expertise could be of interest for you:
I have a master degree in Water Resources Management in Tropical and Subtropical Regions (Diplom-Ingenieur fuer Tropenwasserwirtschaft) and a B.Sc. in civil/water engineering (Dipl.-Ing.(FH) fuer Siedlungswasserwirtschaft).
- more than 16 years working experience, working in in cross-cultural teams and remote working environments, combined with a high standard of work ethics
- five years of professional experience in the field of planing and construction in the water sector in Germany
- five years of professional experience in Africa, Asia and in the Caribbean with proficiency in institutional development, participatory approaches to development and management of project activities
- familiarity with logical framework , monitoring and evaluation
- proven skills in planning and organising
- demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team
- the ability to live and work in a multicultural environment
- proficiency in use of MS office application
- fluency in English
I have created a protected area for my personal data, transcripts from universities and references of former employers. (under construction)
As I apply for jobs, I provide potential employers with a user name and a password for their access. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will be happy to provide you access.
Although my professional working experience is mostly in the water/sanitation-related sector, I would like to extend my fields of engagement through my contributions, to international programs and projects. I have acquired good knowledge in business and organisational development, which I would like to utilise in any new job. I am also interested to work in projects related to small-and medium size renewable energy implementation/promotion.
Please feel free to contact me and surf around.